These are the captions for five pictures that appear in the NY Daily News:
- On the day the Episcopal church opened an investigation into his nightclub crawls, new pictures surfaced of a Pennsylvania priest getting his party on.
- The candid camera caught the Rev. Gregory Malia living it up with lithe lovelies at one of his favorite haunts, Pink Elephant.
- The photos came to light after a story about Malia’s extravagant spending in clubland prompted church elders to launch a probe.
- The Right Rev. Paul Marshall, bishop of the diocese of Bethlehem, Pa., turned over a dossier on Malia’s extra-clerical activities to a 10-person panel which will investigate and submit its finding to Marshall, who decides if Malia should be defrocked.
- Malia – who’s been booted from his parish and relieved of priestly duties until the probe is over – expects to be cleared.
Should he be defrocked? He is entitled to his self-financed lifestyle as an individual. But do we want him serving as a priest? Do we want him representing the Episcopal Church?
Even if he is cleared, will any parish, mission or church organization want him? Maybe a mission to the club set. Here are the five pictures: Pennsylvania’s Partying Priest